X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Massive G
    Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert
    • Apr 2004

Diet *(A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE LOOKING TO GROW!)*

I see many guys spend hours writing out exercise schemes and routines and splits for Dc training but most fail miserably on the diet part.

I don't understand this as it's pretty cut and dry. You eat pro fat veggie and pro carb meals. You eat more carbs early in the day and cut them at night. A guy that tends to put on fat sniffing food will cut his carbs sooner and they will be lower, where as a guy that walks around steaming because he is naturally a fat burning metabolic machine will be able to get by with later carb cut offs and even at some points combine fats and carbs-(EFA's and complex carbs)

As far as macros calories and meals that's really individual a basic plan is get the whole solid meals in first, eat around 8 feedings a day and 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Proteins
    Lean Beef
    Chicken
    Fish
    Pork
    Eggs

Carbs
    Pots
    Rice
    Pasta
    (simple sugars pre powo only)

Fats
    Olive oil
    Fish oil
    walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts etc.

Meal structure
    1 pro carb with EFA (solid)
    2 Pro carb (solid)
    3 Pro fat (liquid-mrp shake with EFA)
    4 Pro Carb Veggie
    5 Pro carb -(liquid pre powo shake)
    6 Pro carb (solid)
    7 Pro fat Veg (solid)
    8 Pro fat (liquid night time shake)

Now as this thread evolves it can build on supplements that can be added as well as techniques on how to eat, how to get more protein down, and a host of other tips and tricks I used over the years to evolve my diet and develop the perfect formula for me to gain lean mass with minimal fat gain.

Be prepared to spend some $$ even if you are just eating tuna and rice as food is a big part of the buget for a bb'er.
    Last edited by Lock it Up; 01-22-2012, 03:40 PM. Reason: stickied, updating
    Massive G
    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954
  • dropshot001
    Banned
    • Dec 2007

awesome! thanks massive

Comment

• bmxican
      • Apr 2009

whats your view on ground beef thats 73% lean to the 93% lean one? I always try to go for the obvious one but some times the budget or the 73% is just that cheap.
      anybody need a training partner in downtown Phx? :drunk:

Comment

• Massive G
        • Apr 2004

I wrote that post in like 5 minutes it's pretty basic-
        so I'll start with the most food I ate on a diet that I used around 5-6 years ago when hovering around 318 or so-remember a lot of these supplements we have today were not out. I am typing fast looking at my journal and will add supplements and tricks on how to prep food and to get it down the hatch as well as keep it moving..

Meal one
        4 am (slammed sometime in the middle of the night or early am then back to nighty-night)
        Whey Ion X 50 grams and 20 grams glutamine

6 am
        6-8 eggs over medium in EVOO
        Lean piece of flank steak
        Oatmeal with sugar free syrup
        Vitamins and minerals
        Coffee
        Water with lemon

9am
        Meal two
        Casein/whey/egg powder shake (70 grams) with EVOO or
        Lean Deli Roast beef slices and walnuts or Almonds

11 am
        Meal three
        Shake as above or
        Lean ground beef and rice

1 pm
        Meal 4
        Chicken
        Potato
        Salad
        Veggies

3 pm
        Meal 5
        tuna and rice

4:30 pm
        Meal 6 pre-powo
        whey ion/whey hydro/glutamine/creatine/malto/shake in grape juice

6:30 pm
        Meal 7
        Cottage cheese/baked pot or egg whites oatmeal

8 pm
        Meal 8
        Lean beef
        salad with EVOO

10 pm
        Meal 9 Same

11:30 pm
        Meal 10
        Micellar Casein/eggwhite powder/glutamine with EVOO
        Massive G
        Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

• Massive G
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by bmxican
          whats your view on ground beef thats 73% lean to the 93% lean one? I always try to go for the obvious one but some times the budget or the 73% is just that cheap.
          Honestly I'd rather eat tuna and olive oil mayonaise with a couple of grams of creatine added in that the 70-85% ground beefs out there.

To add a bang to your solid proteins when not eating lean beef you can add creatine to the chicken fish or even lean pork in a sauce or spoon it in.
          Creatine mono is absorbed a lot better with food IMO secondary only to postwork out. (Tip of the day for you guys following this thread)
          Massive G
          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

• Macho Man
            Intense Muscle Competitor
            • Mar 2009

A few questions. First, I'm def not going to be annoying and write out my entire diet, but do you think these protein sources are adequate, or do i need more red meat?
            meal 1 eggs
            meal 2 prot shake
            meal 3 chicken
            meal 4 chicken
            meal 5 venison/beef
            meal 6 eggs

B, how much fish oil would you say is adequate for daily supplementation for someone in the 200-220 lb range? I have heard some people talk of super dosing it, and others say that taking in a ton doesn't help any.

And three, swed oat star/glyc/creat/bet al immediately post workout, then 20 mins later protein, or should i throw the protein in with it?

Finally, how do you feel about black beans as my first solid food carb source pwo?
            2010 NPC North Star

Comment

• Misterfrankiej
              • Mar 2009

Thanks for the posts Massive. This thread is going to be a goldmine! I look forward to all of the info to come. I hope everyone appreciates you taking the time to post here.
              The economy is TOUGH save 5% on all TrueProtein.com orders using discount code FJP613

Originally posted by dusty hanshaw
              When my mind starts telling me to stop I know that my competition just racked the weight and now is the time to create a gap between them and me.

Comment

• Massive G
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by titantrans
                A few questions. First, I'm def not going to be annoying and write out my entire diet, but do you think these protein sources are adequate, or do i need more red meat?
                meal 1 eggs
                meal 2 prot shake
                meal 3 chicken
                meal 4 chicken
                meal 5 venison/beef
                meal 6 eggs

B, how much fish oil would you say is adequate for daily supplementation for someone in the 200-220 lb range? I have heard some people talk of super dosing it, and others say that taking in a ton doesn't help any.

And three, swed oat star/glyc/creat/bet al immediately post workout, then 20 mins later protein, or should i throw the protein in with it?

Finally, how do you feel about black beans as my first solid food carb source pwo?
                the meal structure looks good for the most part, good solid foods in there.
                you might try to stretch a meal to add up to 7 in there some where..

When someone asks me if they need more beef the tricky part is the fat...beef is good if it is lean for the most part.

I take around 20 grams of fish oil a day but I am around 290 and take it for heart health as well as I am nearing 40...you would be good on 5 grams ..10 at most. fish oil has a lot of good effects but I don't buy into the mega dosing hype of 30-40-and 50 grams a day..

Protein should always be in your pre and powo shakes.

I would prefer rice or pots over beans but it's up to you..personal choice..
                Massive G
                Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

• rowdyhouston
                  • Dec 2005

like your K.I.S.S method massive G... Keep It Simple Stupid!

Comment

• ScottMcDonough
                    Intense Muscle Vet
                    • Nov 2006

This is going to be good... thanks for sharing so much lately Massive.
                    Use SAM210 for 5% off your entire order at www.trueprotein.com 10% if you order 16 lbs or more! :bb:

Now, if you would kindly drop this little debate before I am forced by the voices in my head to drive to where you live, find you, rape you, eat your heart and then go workout with your blood on my hands.

Comment

• Massive G
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Misterfrankiej
                      Thanks for the posts Massive. This thread is going to be a goldmine! I look forward to all of the info to come. I hope everyone appreciates you taking the time to post here.
                      thanks for the words...now is the time to ask up any questions you guys might have....

Like I said I won't write out EXACT meal plans but you should leave this thread knowing how to eat for maximum gains....basically eating for function...

all you guys need are lean proteins, complex carbs, and EFA's as the solid core, then adding in a food grade MRP shake when needed (casein/egg/whey) a good liquid pre/powo shake and basic supplements and you are pretty much there..that's the formula to gain as long as you are consistent I can't see ANYONE failing on a diet like this.

But like you as you grow and evolve your nutrition and eating techniques and supplementation requirements will also change.
                      Massive G
                      Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

• Macho Man
                        • Mar 2009

excellent, thanks for your help!
                        How do you feel about egg yolks as a fat source, say 4 yolks and 8 whites in a meal? I have that 2 meals per day, but haven't read up on any recent articles regarding the fat in yolks. I'm only 24, so I don't really have to worry about my cholesterol right now, but then again, now is the time when I should be worrying about it i suppose.

Also, I read on dusty's thread that you should take in a gallon of water in addition to any tea or drinks you might consume. What are your feelings on this?
                        I remember reading on a thread how to brew up a gallon of green tea at home using the tea packets, but can't find it. I'm assuming just boil a gallon of water and add 10 packets or so for a few minutes?
                        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

• Massive G
                          • Apr 2004

I think eggs are an excellent food and well if someone is having major issues with cholesterol I am gonna put them on lower carbs to keep insulin down and the lipids that way.
                          Eggs are an incredbile food-both the yolk (vitamins mineral emulsifiers (lecithin) and growth factorsand the white is such a highly pure biovailable protein sourse so I see no problems with 6-8 yolks/eggs a day. (I eat that in one meal-even though they are Omega 3 eggs (chickens feed flax seeds) there is still some cholesterol in them and they tend to cost more)

Yes dusty's spot on with the water requirements -you may require less due to activity and size remeber dusty is a cyborg operating on cold nuclear fission so he needs a lot of water to power it...ha ha..
                          but hydration is key and I wrote so much about glycerol in my other thread I forgot it..but it's gonna get covered in here...
                          Last edited by Massive G; 01-19-2010, 10:06 PM.
                          Massive G
                          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

• Massive G
                            • Apr 2004

My true protein sleep aid pills got me bugging right now so I am gonna log off ...no telling what stories I'd tell....skip and the donkey or dante and the goat or MG and the princess or at least that's what the mideget told me she was....hahahhhahahahVegas rules!
                            Massive G
                            Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

• Macho Man
                              • Mar 2009

you should write an e-book. yep. Call it "Massive Gorge".
                              2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Working...