Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MeredithPalmer
    Banned
    • Jul 2017

if you are looking to hit your quads without hitting back, why not do a ton of leg extensions

Comment

• Chaz McLiam
      • Nov 2017

I injured my back doing deadlifts about 6 years ago and the pain was unbearable. Worst pain of my life with sciatica and the like. Physical therapy, chiropractors, and everything else you can think of to try and rid myself of the pain. I was hospitalized after one particular flare up, after another I was forced to walk with a cane for 2 weeks while I went to the chiropractor trying to get re aligned.
      I know about lower back pain. The best thing for me has honestly been front and back squatting. As crazy as it sounds I know... I started light literally like 95 lbs for 10-12 reps of full, deep ass to grass squats. Slowly worked my way up into doing a squat every day program which worked well initially to quickly add weight to my squat going from maybe a 225 lb 1rm to 455 after 6 months. I then switched programs started to get back into heavy training again which led me to DC
      Was told if I didn’t have surgery I would always have problems. I’m back pain free now and I attribute it to frequent squatting, proper warm ups, and hanging upside down on an inversion table after EVERY workout. Back to pulling heavy again but you’ll never really feel the same it seems on Deadlift I can’t get over that mental jump of being afraid of injury.

Anyway hope this helps you a little I know lower back issues suck

Comment

• Ken Skip Hill
        Judge, Jury and Executioner
        Admin
        • Feb 2004

Good info, Chaz. Thank you and welcome to IM.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Gunner99
          • Jan 2018

Rebuild your squat

Comment

Working...