X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IslandGirl
    Intense Muscle Competitor
    • May 2004

Progression pics

I have decided to compete (again after 10 years) in June '06. At the rate that fbb'ers in this day and age are getting, I KNOW I will not be competitve in that field, although I love the performance part of it. So, looks like figure will be my avenue.

I am on a mission to increase lean muscle. I am definitely a hard gainer. Boo-hoo! I started this mission this past June. It's been almost 12 weeks. I started off at 114.8lbs. with a bf of 18.7% with a handheld electronic instrument. (how it gives you the reading? weight, height and age. how accuate it is? Probably doesn't hold much, but I use it as a gauge.) My last weigh in was 122.5 with same bf%. Go figure! HA! So far I am very happy with my gains!

Steps to getting there. I am really focusing on my nutrition. Calorie intake as high as 3000 and on non-training days I have cut that down to 2600 -2700. I try to have at least 1-2 cheat meals on Sundays.

My training is usually very heavy/strict form w/ 2-3 forced reps. We train 4-5 days a week. Rest days are crucial even though I love training and dislike it!

Okay enough blabbering. Here are before shots June and 12 weeks recent shots.

Be kind, but honest.

IG
    Last edited by IslandGirl; 12-28-2006, 03:47 PM.
  • Crimson Ghost
    Heavyweight Member
    • Apr 2004

Great job!

I can tell a big difference in muscle mass. KEEP doing what you are doing....stop worrying about the fluff because you're adding quality muscle!

Awesome!
    COLORADO NPC CONTEST SCHEDULE, RESULTS AND PICTURES
    www.jefftaylor.com

Comment

• heavy hitter
      Heavyweight Member
      • Jun 2004

wow, thats some pretty good progress and i must say you are quite beautiful
      My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

• Southernfitgrl
        Bantamweight Member
        • Jun 2005

See, you did gain weight w/o the gaining too much bf! Great job!

Comment

• asurock
          • May 2005

Looking good, now I see how you can lift those weights! Keep up the training!!!

Comment

• backslider
            Lightweight Member
            • Jan 2005

So that is your picture in the avatar
            Good to see your hard work and attention to detail is paying off... a quality 8lbs gained and you definetly look harder and thicker.
            "The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."- T.B. Macauley

Comment

• GerryT
              NPC Judge
              • May 2004

You have a lovely overall look and a great foundation to work with. Good lats and v taper. With the expected progress, you should do very well next year.

Comment

• VulgarDisplay
                • Jun 2005

Critque

Very nice base to start with. Will you be in a tested or non-tested show? How tall are you?

1. Your lat development is amazing, but mildly overpowers the rest of your upper body. Slow down on the width portion of your lat training.

2. You need to develop lateral thigh sweep to complete the quads. Try posing with toes pointed slightly outward, heels together and slight bend in the knees.

3. Hams are slightly defficient relative to quads and calves, which look very good by the way.

4. Nicely put....you need a butt sister! These pics are very hard to analyze your butt, I need to see shots from the side. It's not bad it just needs a little more volume, which we may be able to obtain from tweaking your posing.

5. Work more on your lateral delts, being that you have such great lat development you need to have equally large medial deltoids in order to complete the look you are trying to achieve....at least from the front and back.

I need shots from the side, as well as some of your waist to advise more.

That being said....you look great!!!!
                Life is too short to be small!!

Comment

• back2frontjact
                  Super-heavyweight Member
                  • Jul 2005

I can def tell a difference from your last pics!!! 8 lbs of muscle...woohoooo! I need some your back width! That is just unbelievable. And I agree with CG, don't worry about adding fluff because you obviously don't have to worry about that. Looking good. B2FJ

Comment

• IslandGirl
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Crimson Ghost
                    Great job!

I can tell a big difference in muscle mass. KEEP doing what you are doing....stop worrying about the fluff because you're adding quality muscle!

Awesome!
                    Thanks CG! I will keep doing what I'm doing because finally for once, something is actually working for me. I think I have found my groove.

Comment

• IslandGirl
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by heavy hitter
                      wow, thats some pretty good progress and i must say you are quite beautiful

Awww, that's so sweet of you hh! For that, you get a nice *big hug*.

Comment

• Sparky
                        Heavyweight Member
                        • Aug 2004

Between your strength gain, weight gain, and these pics, we know you are putting on some muscle. Congratulations on a great job!

Romans 1:16-17

:director: for 5% off products from trueprotein.com, use the discount code MWD888

100% doing it myself and 100% accountable for what I do. No excuses. -- Sparky

Find a seasoned mentor and learn. My biggest improvements have come not from hours of tedious research, but by listening to those who have been in the trenches -- Sparky

Judges expect muscle but respect conditioning -- Sparky

Comment

• IslandGirl
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by Southernfitgrl
                          See, you did gain weight w/o the gaining too much bf! Great job!
                          sfg! Thank you! I'm trying my best here....

Comment

• IslandGirl
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by asurock
                            Looking good, now I see how you can lift those weights! Keep up the training!!!
                            Thanks G!

I will try and get those pics posted of my husband.

Comment

• IslandGirl
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by backslider
                              So that is your picture in the avatar
                              Good to see your hard work and attention to detail is paying off... a quality 8lbs gained and you definetly look harder and thicker.
                              No, that is not me in the avi.

You have been an example to me in the lifting dept.! Train heavy = Grow right!

Comment

Working...