X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DShores
    Bantamweight Member
    • Nov 2004

Biceps

My biceps are very stubborn and I am allways looking for a good exercise. I have only found a few that work well. Incline D/B curls and BB and D/B preacher curls.

Today I tried a variation on rac chins that trashed my bis. I used a underhand grip with my hands about four inches wider that shoulder width to make sure my hands were supinated and did a rac chins. I coudn't even come close to straigntening my arms afterwards.

I would love to hear about any unusual but effective bi exercises
  • jimpaul
    • Apr 2004

How do you mean your biceps are stubborn?
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

• DShores
      Bantamweight Member
      • Nov 2004

They do not grow easily and are difficult to stimulate. My forearms and delts take over on many exercises like BB curl.

Comment

• mikethedon
        Light-heavyweight Member
        • Oct 2004

from what i have read i think that you might always have a problem with bi's. But what i would do is try a variation of excercises and which ever one fells better, just keep beating the log book and it will come. Sometimes we need to be more patient....trust me im very impatiant to.
        Just Paying My Dues
        RIP Iron Addict
        Max squat 570
        max box squat 525
        Max dead 585
        max floor press 380

All these above numbers will be crushed. I promise

Comment

• Sparky
          Heavyweight Member
          • Aug 2004

Here's what I have done....
          1) 21s
          2) Negatives (barbell curls)
          3) Heavy Barbell Curls
          4) Downsets on machine preacher curl OR running the rack top down

Romans 1:16-17

:director: for 5% off products from trueprotein.com, use the discount code MWD888

100% doing it myself and 100% accountable for what I do. No excuses. -- Sparky

Find a seasoned mentor and learn. My biggest improvements have come not from hours of tedious research, but by listening to those who have been in the trenches -- Sparky

Judges expect muscle but respect conditioning -- Sparky

Comment

• bigcity
            IntenseMuscle VIP Member/ Intense Set of the Month May 2007
            • Jan 2005

I always close my eyes when doing biceps becasue I have a hard time with bis to. I close my eyes And view the muscle in my minds eye. Its hard to explain but next time your curling a bar close your eyes and picture your biceps exploeding into mountainis peaks.
            It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything

Comment

• jimpaul
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DShores
              They do not grow easily and are difficult to stimulate. My forearms and delts take over on many exercises like BB curl.

Sometimes it can just be genetics and we have to work with what we have.

Are you gaining weight?

Try to keep your elbows at your side and don't squeeze the bar too hard. This may be what's halfway responsible. Keep the weight in close to the body while lowering.

The way the shoulders would come in to play sometimes is if you are raising the weights too far forward and/or are cheating and using some shoulders by the way you raise them.

If you are progressing weightwise and just want to try one movement, do a single handed cable curl and try not to close your hand too tightly if possible. Again strictly.

If you need to up the reps to 15-20, you could try that too.

Good luck and let us know
              jim
              ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
              Good luck
              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
              SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
              TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

• smanjh
                Bantamweight Member
                • Dec 2004

I have a problem with arms in general, what I do is preacher curls. Those done hard as possible is what is truly working for me.

Comment

• Creator_11
                  IntenseMuscle Tech
                  Admin
                  • Jun 2004

I don't think there is a single under 25yr who doesn't think their arms are a weak point.

I thought my arms were a weak point but there not, there big, but its the rest of my frame that just makes my arms look smaller. It comletely depends on your genetic structure.

And fi you really do think you arm are small get your hands on a heavy ass bar, squat it, deadlift it, barbell row it, and press it, then see how your arms thickness is.
                  Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

• grandfunkhickle
                    Bantamweight Member
                    • Dec 2004

spider curls are real good for bis too.
                    what it is is a preacher curl except your on the other side of the bench.
                    so your arm is against the flat side and your body is resting on the andgled side.
                    its a very nice range of motion.

to get bigger arms also focus on the brachialis muscle (i donno if i spelled that right) your arms can only get so big without training them, if your not training them - start doin them and u'll probably break that wall. (reverse curls, hammer curls, reverse cable curls)

Comment

• lionel
                      Middleweight Member
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DShores
                      My biceps are very stubborn and I am allways looking for a good exercise. I have only found a few that work well. Incline D/B curls and BB and D/B preacher curls.

Today I tried a variation on rac chins that trashed my bis. I used a underhand grip with my hands about four inches wider that shoulder width to make sure my hands were supinated and did a rac chins. I coudn't even come close to straigntening my arms afterwards.

I would love to hear about any unusual but effective bi exercises
                      Do higher reps like jp mentioned and really emphasize the slow negatives and explosive concentric movement.. all the best
                      Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

• BenGrowing
                        Lightweight Member
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by grandfunkhickle
                        spider curls are real good for bis too.
                        what it is is a preacher curl except your on the other side of the bench.
                        so your arm is against the flat side and your body is resting on the andgled side.
                        Agreed- I love this movement done with a straight bar. As jimpaul and others have said, keep the rep range up around 15-20 RP and explode on the positive while making sure to totally control the negative.

Another exercise I have incorporated lately (needed to drop BB curls) after seeing DC mention them a few times are drag curls. Good luck trying to straighten your arms after doing a set of 15 RP with these.

Comment

• BenGrowing
                          Lightweight Member
                          • Jun 2004

BTW, I nominate JP Intensemuscle.com MVP!

Comment

• rackitup
                            Light-heavyweight Member
                            • Apr 2004

I like the sound of your take on Rack close grip chins for biceps, sounds interesting
                            "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

**RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

Working...