Pounds of protein

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayrob7

Pounds of protein

Just ordered my first package of protein and i was wondering about how many pounds should a person go through if they are takeing the right amout.
    ex: I am 230lbs. I am currently taking 2 heaping scoops 3 times a day. any help would be good!
  • Jerzey
    Light-heavyweight Member
    • Jun 2006

sounds like you would use 5-6lbs a month in that case order for 3-6 months at a time, me and the wife order 20lbs a time lasts us 3 months or so
    Discount code BDM999
    By using Jerzey's code you will experience service that is unsurpassed, I take the guess work out of saving you money!

Comment

• jayrob7

It just seems like it is going fast, I ordered 7lbs and have been taking it for about two weeks and i have gone through over half of it. Does two scoops at three times a day sound like the right amout?

Comment

• SortaSwole

Originally posted by jayrob7
        It just seems like it is going fast, I ordered 7lbs and have been taking it for about two weeks and i have gone through over half of it. Does two scoops at three times a day sound like the right amout?
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are 15 servings per pound, and 1 scoop = 1 serving. If you're using 6 scoops per day, then you go through 2 pounds every 5 days. Which means in 1 month, you use roughly 12 pounds.

6 servings x 5 days = 30 servings every 5 days

30 servings / 15 servings per pound = 2 pounds

Since 5 days goes into 1 month about 6 times: 6 x 2lbs = 12lbs per month.

Comment

• Jerzey
          Light-heavyweight Member
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by jayrob7
          the amount you use is up to you
          if you need 2scoops 3 times a day to meet you protein needs then so be it

i use 1.5 scoops 2-3 times a day most of the time
          with my work and family life its hard to get 6 real food meals in a day

but any way you cut it order in bulk it saves you money over time
          less shipping fees and save the more you buy
          like i mentioned 3-6 months purchase at a time works great
          Discount code BDM999
          By using Jerzey's code you will experience service that is unsurpassed, I take the guess work out of saving you money!

Comment

• jayrob7

thanks

That will help so i will stay with what i am taking now. sorry but i had checked my mail first and sent a message back before i read this. will order in bulk soon!

Comment

• Workhorse
              Light-heavyweight Member
              • Jun 2004

20 lbs will last me 2-3 months. I'm 250lbs. But my job doesn't allow me to eat whole foods a lot, so I make it up with shakes.

Comment

Working...