X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crankin'stein
    Crazy Canadian
    • Feb 2004

As I sit here in pain.......

All I can think about is that workout last night...... My first ever DC training workout.... Extreme stretching, rest pause sets.... oh man...... My whole upper body is sore as hell... I can't remember the last time it felt this way...

So here is how it went.....

I checked my ego at the door, and grabbed a powerade. I did my warmups and then went for a bit lower weight then I usually use for incline chest (smith). I got my 8 reps out and locked it just before my chest.... I breathed and counted to 15.... I still couldn't get the weight back up..... I breathed for another 10 or so, and got it back up for 3 more reps..... Then breathed again, and managed to get 1 more before collapsing back in my seat....I just layed there for a second under the bar thinking about how taxed my chest felt..... Then I managed to get out from under it and head to a bench for the stretching.... Man does that hurt... I think I made it 30 seconds......

I carried on moving to shoulders..... And here are some notes from my first workout....

I found the shoulder stretch to be a little hard to do, tho once in the right position you can really feel it! The tricep one seemed a little awkward at first too. A training partner would make this type of workout much easier, but I did seem to find a way to manage without one..... I did the hanging weighted stretch for back and I love it! It felt good (well painful at the time.... good after) and my back felt really full when I was done that. I was exhausted when I was done this workout... I would like to know what some of you guys eat before going to the gym, to allow you to keep up high energy levels through this whole workout?? By the time I went to bed, I could tell I was going to be sore in the morning, and when I woke up this morning, I found out just how right I was....

I look forward to my next bitter sweet workout, and I look forward to getting in the groove with this program and sparking new growth!

A big thanks to DC, I see good things for this program for me!

ADD: A quick question.... Do you guys write down warm-up sets, or just keep track of your working set??
    Last edited by crankin'stein; 07-06-2004, 10:25 AM.
    ADMIN @ Fitnessgeared.com
    MOD @ Worldclassbodybuilding.com

[email protected]
  • Blade
    Lightweight Member
    • Mar 2004

Congrats!
    BTW is it OK to rest more then 15 breaths on rp sets?
    Blade

"Keep your purpose in mind, simply go to the gym and do your workout, do it well and don't worry
    what other people are doing. Confidence will grow as you achieve."

"If you believe in yourself, have dedication and pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of
    victory is high, but so are the rewards"

Comment

• Clemente
      • May 2004

Crankin',

Good post. I'll be done with workout #6 tomorrow after work, then I guess its all about beating the log book.

I'm not going to post any specifics because I'm not really sure what the protocal is with regard to confidentiality and what not, but in general my impression is the same as yours.

I will say that, in general, my upper body has not been nearly as sore as my legs after these workouts and that the stretching is taking some getting used to.

For me, the calf exercises were the absolute most brutal, and I'm not even talking about that much weight!

-Clemente (Jamie)

Comment

• mobsta
        Light-heavyweight Member
        • Apr 2004

congrats crank, personally i dont write down the warm ups since thats what they are.
        "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

• In-Human
          IM Veteran Member
          • Feb 2004

crankin'stein, No need to write down warms, they are just that warm ups, just write down your worksets like we all do 405x8x3x2RP then when you come to that rotation again next to that exercise so you see what you did last time just add the total for that workset 405x13RP, then you have the target number to destroy.

Good luck with your program...
          "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

• crankin'stein
            Crazy Canadian
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by In-Human
            crankin'stein, No need to write down warms, they are just that warm ups, just write down your worksets like we all do 405x8x3x2RP then when you come to that rotation again next to that exercise so you see what you did last time just add the total for that workset 405x13RP, then you have the target number to destroy.

Good luck with your program...
            Thats what I figured.... So I didn't write them down last night... Just thought I would make sure!

I can't wait to do that workout again (yes I like punishment!) and beat my numbers.... I feel like I just started working out or something.... That really excited feeling you get.... So thanks again DC!

And thanks to DC's crew for helping myself and everyone else by answering questions in here!

[email protected]

Comment

• In-Human
              IM Veteran Member
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by crankin'stein
              Thats what I figured.... So I didn't write them down last night... Just thought I would make sure!

I can't wait to do that workout again (yes I like punishment!) and beat my numbers.... I feel like I just started working out or something.... That really excited feeling you get.... So thanks again DC!

And thanks to DC's crew for helping myself and everyone else by answering questions in here!
              Thats the first thing DC tells you when he takes you on as a trainee, you must answer everyday run of the mill questions cause he said you have too, its not by choice, have you seen the size of this monster?...
              "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

• crankin'stein
                Crazy Canadian
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by In-Human
                Thats the first thing DC tells you when he takes you on as a trainee, you must answer everyday run of the mill questions cause he said you have too, its not by choice, have you seen the size of this monster?...
                LOL. Yes I have! Looks like he eats a cow for breakfast and washes it down with a few chickens....

[email protected]

Comment

• GetnBigr
                  IM Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2004

keep us posted on your progress crank!!!
                  "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

• bigp3
                    Intense Muscle Vet
                    • May 2004

bro, I think you will find as your body adjusts to the high intensity routine that it will become easier to do and you will be able to push yourself further than ever before. I went back to doing straight sets for about 6 weeks or so while I was dieting down a tad for summer and I felt like I was doing pussy ass workouts after doing the RP's etc. I mean straight sets used to seem intense to me now they are have become low key/ easy. You have just moved up to the next level my friend and you will see this over the next few months!!!!
                    I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

• speedR
                      Bantamweight Member
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by bigp3
                      bro, I think you will find as your body adjusts to the high intensity routine that it will become easier to do and you will be able to push yourself further than ever before. I went back to doing straight sets for about 6 weeks or so while I was dieting down a tad for summer and I felt like I was doing pussy ass workouts after doing the RP's etc. I mean straight sets used to seem intense to me now they are have become low key/ easy. You have just moved up to the next level my friend and you will see this over the next few months!!!!
                      W3rd! I noticed this a couple of days ago. I've been SS since I'm dieting down and after a workout a couple of nights I though to myself "Damn that felt like nothing, maybe I should go back up there and do everything again". I felt like I got 1/4 of the intensity-lol.

Crankin'stein you mentioned that on the smith after you first RP you racked at the bottom but then couldn't get the weight back up. Well, I recommend after each RP that you bring the weight back up to the top and then start onthe eccentric again. This can be a little difficult especially if you train alone but I find that you can stand on the bench and semi-deadlift it up or get under the bar and squat it up. This is of course if your not using 400+ lbs.

Comment

• crankin'stein
                        Crazy Canadian
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by speedR
                        Crankin'stein you mentioned that on the smith after you first RP you racked at the bottom but then couldn't get the weight back up. Well, I recommend after each RP that you bring the weight back up to the top and then start onthe eccentric again. This can be a little difficult especially if you train alone but I find that you can stand on the bench and semi-deadlift it up or get under the bar and squat it up. This is of course if your not using 400+ lbs.
                        Yeah, thanks for the tip bro.... I thought of this after I finished with chest.... I should have moved the bench and squated it to the top so I could start with the eccentric. That is exactly what I will do next time!

[email protected]

Comment

• Swellin
                          Bantamweight Member
                          • May 2004

Hey Crank, nice post. I remember the night after my first DC workout very well. Actually, it was the next night that killed me. My lats hurt so bad that I couldn't sleep on my side!

Just wait until you do calves...the worst, most painful thing of all.

Good luck bro.

Comment

• Chasedog
                            Bantamweight Member
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by crankin'stein
                            I breathed and counted to 15.... I still couldn't get the weight back up.....
                            Did you count to 15 or take 15 full deep breaths? You're supposed to take 15 full deep breaths.

Comment

• crankin'stein
                              Crazy Canadian
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Chasedog
                              Did you count to 15 or take 15 full deep breaths? You're supposed to take 15 full deep breaths.
                              I did.... I counted 15 breaths... thats what I meant.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...