Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • corneliusparkin
    • Dec 2006

Help with training and diet!

Ok i am starting a proper DC routine next years so in about 3 weeks at the moment i am cutting my volume down bit by bit(i am coming from high volume and powerlifitng training)i am not diving into it until next year i tried two dc work out outs so far but i will only commit my self next year.

Now my stats 5ft9 200lb bf unsure but its not high really well i hope not heres my pic(again)just that you realise what i am working with.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Now this is the supposed program(i am used to shockly high volume meaning several hours every day but this is dc so i am realistic to what needs doing).
    Now with the day split would it not be ok to go one day on one day off instead of taking two days off over the weekend???!

I listed 3 exersises as i believe you are meant to do it like that one session the first then the second exersise is on the next day!
    Day 1
    chest:incline db press,incline smith,incline db fly
    delts:seated db press,standing barbell press,smith behind the head
    triceps:narrow bench,dips,skull crushers
    back width:chins,now i am not overly sure lat pull downs or rows???
    [IMG][/IMG]
    is my back what do you think i need to work on as surely that will affect my choices?!
    back thickness:deads,t-bar rows,underhand rows

Day 2(most important day)
    [IMG][/IMG]

obviously hams and calves are very weak and quads can do with a lot also!
    quads:squat 2 sets 4-6 reps and 15-20 reps
    hams:lying leg curls,hypers,stiff deads
    calves:standing raises,seated raises(thats all i can realisticly think of as i know there wont be other machines available)
    biceps:barbell curl,one arm preacher curls,one arm at a time db curls
    fore arms:hammer curls(this is all i can think of as far as efficiency goes)
    abbs:rope cruch,weighted machine work or what ever is available

Diet:
    now i dont know what food is available but heres my thinking.
    50grams protien each meal(i intend to buy the protien powder from this site with all the different protiens added together to get a complete meal)
    keep good fats high but keep crap fats low
    carbs only prior during and after training i am very sensitive to carbs and look basicly i have done the whole bulk thing i was near 230lb in my avatar pic but i have a girl lined up over in the states and i simply dont want to become sloppy as fuck,at this stage i want to slowly build my body i spent two years only competing in powerlifting i won world and euro titles now i want to have a girl and enjoy my self in MODERATION while keeping on making progress.

Cardio on days off when i have time cross trainer for a 1000cals.

Now please if you see some thing that you think is totally wrong please let me know!
    Thanks for your time and i hope this is the right place for this!
    Last edited by corneliusparkin; 12-10-2006, 02:56 PM.
  • Sentinel
    Banned by Skip for being a bitch
    • Feb 2006

fuck....ur a moster...!!! how old are u again???

Comment

• corneliusparkin
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Sentinel
      fuck....ur a moster...!!! how old are u again???
      Oh i am getting old:rain: i am 20!
      Thanks for the compliment(assuming it wasnt sarcasm:insane: )

Comment

• Sentinel
        Banned by Skip for being a bitch
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by corneliusparkin
        Oh i am getting old:rain: i am 20!
        Thanks for the compliment(assuming it wasnt sarcasm:insane: )
        ur ONLY 20???? fuck......dude: u r my new inspiration!!! AWESOME physique bro

Comment

• BrianB2368
          Heavyweight Member
          • Feb 2006

you will need the two days off over the weekend
          pick another exercise other than db flyes. you could do a slight incline on your other day, or a chest machine.
          other width ex could be wide lat pulldowns, rev grip pulldowns, and rack chins (search for rack chins if you are unsure)
          you need to rotate 3 quad exercises as well - hack squat, leg press
          you can do calves on the leg press (excellent), and on the hack squat (some hacks arent made so you can do calves on them, you need a good stretch)
          for forearms you could do pinwheel curls (search) and single arm rev grip cable curls
          the 40/40/20 mix from tp.com is great (40% coldfiltered, 40% egg white, 20% micellar) my code works great! lol
          you are looking good, I hope I helped
          Troponin Nutritionist

I get my supplements where elite athletes get theirs --TrueProtein.com Use the discount code BSB538 to save 5%

sigpic

Comment

• corneliusparkin
            • Dec 2006

BrianB2368 that helped very much many thanks!

Comment

• boondocksmuscle
              Super-heavyweight Member
              • Aug 2006

first off you are unreal my friend...huge...how the hell are you only 20?...for the back width i like both the wide pulldowns and rev grip pulldowns...right now im doing a nuetral grip wide pulldown that has been very effective for me as well
              Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Remember, if you can’t pick it, grow it, or kill it, you shouldn’t be eating it.- Justin Harris

Bodybuilding is stressful. The joy is seeing how incredibly the body adapts. The smart thing is to keep the machine as healthy as possible along the way, IMO.- Homon[/FONT]

Comment

• corneliusparkin
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by boondocksmuscle
                first off you are unreal my friend...huge...how the hell are you only 20?...for the back width i like both the wide pulldowns and rev grip pulldowns...right now im doing a nuetral grip wide pulldown that has been very effective for me as well
                Thank you very much!
                So for the set how many warm ups do you do,i find i warm up too little probably like 3 light sets of maybe 6 reps and then do the work set.
                You take the set to failure then take 15 breaths then more reps until failure then agan 15 breaths and then to failure,is this correct?
                Does drop sets ever have a place in a routine or only rest pause?
                Sorry for all the questions i just want to do this stuff right when i start!

Comment

• jesus rocks
                  Heavyweight Member
                  • Jul 2006

warm ups are individual

no drops

There are only three reasons why you may not like the Whopper.
                  * You hate America and your parents.
                  * You enjoy killing puppies.
                  * You are not awesome
                  I would highly recommend that all first dates happen at Burger King. Order your new girl/guy a Whopper. If he or she refuses feel free to yell, "You are a lame dog killing terrosist!"
                  TRUE PROTEIN DISCOUNT CODE: SDM333. :bye2: PLEASE USE IT:bye2:

Comment

• BrianB2368
                    Heavyweight Member
                    • Feb 2006

warmups are whatever it takes you to be ready for your rp-set.
                    dont do anything taxing though
                    Troponin Nutritionist

I get my supplements where elite athletes get theirs --TrueProtein.com Use the discount code BSB538 to save 5%

sigpic

Comment

• boondocksmuscle
                      Super-heavyweight Member
                      • Aug 2006

warm ups are pretty person specific...i dont do a whole lot of warm up..a 2 mayb 3 sets just to get the joints loose and get the muscle firing good then i go for it and have never had a problem but some ppl warm up a lot more..just w/e works for you. drop sets from what iv read dont come into DC anywhere. you have the idea for how to perform a RP set. but keep in mind that not everything you do in DC is rest-paused either. keep reading! from what i can tell your on the right track and your program looks good. keep brianb's advice in mind too! good luck bro!
                      Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Remember, if you can’t pick it, grow it, or kill it, you shouldn’t be eating it.- Justin Harris

Bodybuilding is stressful. The joy is seeing how incredibly the body adapts. The smart thing is to keep the machine as healthy as possible along the way, IMO.- Homon[/FONT]

Comment

• jesus rocks
                        Heavyweight Member
                        • Jul 2006

For example, I warm up my chest pretty well, but when shoulders come they are already pretty "warm" so about 1 for those, by the time Im done with chest and shoulders my tris are pumped, the viscosity in my joints is up to par and I bang out which ever exercise Im doing fro tris.

* You are not awesome
                        I would highly recommend that all first dates happen at Burger King. Order your new girl/guy a Whopper. If he or she refuses feel free to yell, "You are a lame dog killing terrosist!"

Comment

• corneliusparkin
                          • Dec 2006

Ok great thanks for all the help guys!!!!

Now you do each exersise every 2 weeks when you get back to the exersise do you attempt to increase reps or just the weight like let say on the squat if one week you do a set of 5 on the heavy day do you next time attempt 6 reps or just put more weight on the bar???

Comment

• boondocksmuscle
                            Super-heavyweight Member
                            • Aug 2006

thats your call...on squats i do 4-8 +20, so if i get w/e weight for 6 or 7 reps i move up the weight..but if im down at 4-5 reps ill keep it the same and go for more reps
                            Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Comment

• jesus rocks
                              Heavyweight Member
                              • Jul 2006

Dante likes to see his clients start at the high end of the rep scheme and be couragous with the weights.

* You are not awesome

Comment

Working...