X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dellsguy67
    Intense Muscle Vet
    • Mar 2005

Strongman comps???

who here has actually done them? which events did you do, what were your experiences, etc???
    To save 5% on your TrueProtein.com purchase, use discount code: DAS235
    --------------------------------------

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
    - Sniffy54

"Consistency can take you a long way"
    - Homonunculus
  • Clint Darden
    • Jan 2005

I've competed in quite a few. I'm a Pro from the US and have done several AM shows there, a few Pro shows there, and moved to Cyprus a couple of years ago. Since then I've competed in Poland, Serbia, and a EuroSport show here in Cyprus. I have also promoted and competed in several small shows in Cyprus and a lot of training days all over Europe.

I've done about every event that you can think of.

Is there anything that I can help you with?

Comment

• dellsguy67
      Intense Muscle Vet
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Clint Darden
      I've competed in quite a few. I'm a Pro from the US and have done several AM shows there, a few Pro shows there, and moved to Cyprus a couple of years ago. Since then I've competed in Poland, Serbia, and a EuroSport show here in Cyprus. I have also promoted and competed in several small shows in Cyprus and a lot of training days all over Europe.

I've done about every event that you can think of.

Is there anything that I can help you with?

just curious how you got started, what YOU did for training for them, etc. i found a link on a local gym's homepage for a contest here in Wisconsin in June or July, and i found myself interested in learning more in case i'm ready to rock by then.

- Sniffy54

- Homonunculus

Comment

• BrianB2368
        Heavyweight Member
        • Feb 2006

with Ford's gym? that would be an awesome goal to set for yourself
        Troponin Nutritionist

I get my supplements where elite athletes get theirs --TrueProtein.com Use the discount code BSB538 to save 5%

sigpic

Comment

• dellsguy67
          Intense Muscle Vet
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BrianB2368
          with Ford's gym? that would be an awesome goal to set for yourself

you bet! the contest is in madison, and they had pics on the site. i was quite interested in it - my wife says i should focus less on bodybuilding related activities and instead focus on being a beast that is strong as hell - i'm beginning to gain interest for the 1st time in my life in having high strength goals, instead of just reaching physique goals.

- Sniffy54

- Homonunculus

Comment

• Clint Darden
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by dellsguy67
            just curious how you got started, what YOU did for training for them, etc. i found a link on a local gym's homepage for a contest here in Wisconsin in June or July, and i found myself interested in learning more in case i'm ready to rock by then.
            There are so many things that you can do, as long as you are having fun. Try and travel a few times (as soon as possible) to train with a few good guys that have equipment. Magnuss Samuellson, I think it was, said that 1 hour of event training is worth 10 hours of gym training. You will learn so much by watching and trying that you just can't imagine.

I wanted to weigh over 300 lbs one year and got that way, fat. Could barely breath. After that I got a 600lb tire and began flipping it and just dragging a sled and pushing my truck a lot for some events. Made a thick bar and just started having fun.

I did farmers with EZ curl bars, pushed my truck, flipped the tire, and anything that I could imagine. It is all about having fun anyway, right?

Give me a day or two to see if I can find a few guys in your area that train on a regular basis. I have a site too but don't want to direct anyone on here to it if it might cause any problems.

Comment

• MindOverMuscle
              Light-heavyweight Member
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Clint Darden
              Give me a day or two to see if I can find a few guys in your area that train on a regular basis. I have a site too but don't want to direct anyone on here to it if it might cause any problems.
              You can put your site in your profile's URL field and in a case like this, it should be kosher to tell him to look in there.
              "Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."

- Aristotle

Comment

• Clint Darden
                • Jan 2005

Wisconsin State Chairman
                Tony Scrivens
                E8528 Mechanic Street
                New London, WI 54961
                E-mail: [email protected]

Tony and his wife are friends of mine, tell them that I said to contact them and they can point you in the right direction.

Clint

Comment

• dellsguy67
                  Intense Muscle Vet
                  • Mar 2005

thanks - i have friends from new london

- Sniffy54

- Homonunculus

Comment

• Clint Darden
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by dellsguy67
                    thanks - i have friends from new london
                    Tony is a hoot and one of the best cooks that you will EVER meet. He has also represented the USA all over the WORLD in Strongman Contests. Now he competes in the Masters Level.

Comment

Working...