Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building a Bigger Bantam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Some pics I took today after a "cheat evening" lol



    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

    Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

    2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

    Comment


    • #17
      I'm not an expert by any stretch, so please take my comments accordingly....

      You have NO problem staying lean whatsoever....in fact, I would venture to say that it could be your Achilles heal, as it seems hard for you to put on weight with your metabolism running so hot.....if I was in this position (clearly at 43 years old and with my metab I'm not), I would push the throttle down to the floor and GROW.....are you really going to be happy going into another show 2-3lbs heavier than last time? And do you really think that you can gain a bit more till prep but then immediately start dropping calories at the start of prep and KEEP the newly added muscle that you busted your ass for? When I hear of guys gaining 2-5lbs of stage weight, most of these guys are seasoned veterans that have been competing for years. They have the muscle they need, they just add on weak spots here and there....look at the younger guys that have come thru the ranks.....Guys your age are pushing the throttle down for a year or two and moving up one or two weight classes by putting on 10-25lbs of stage weight....they're throwing it down and show up at a show 1-2 years later and are making waves....

      You already KNOW that you can beat almost anyone with your conditioning. You have a gift genetically and you're not afraid to bust your ass....but stand next to a guy who's got 10-15lbs on you who is SLIGHTLY less conditioned and he will PROBABLY get the nod, that's just the name of the game....if you got to 175-180lbs at your offseason leanness and sat there for awhile you would look absolutely RETARDED at your height....cause it's gonna be GOOD weight.....your body just won't put on much bad weight at all....I see you all day long being a middleweight at about 155-160, which is a smaller middleweight, but THEN you can go back and start climbing up 3-5lbs a year over the course or a few years and climb to the top of that class or the next....

      Just my two cents.....really just a bit envious of the time frame you have and the great genetics for staying lean. It's kinda like writing your own ticket to get huge...if I had it to do all over again I'd do things MUCH differently than I did....a lot of guys would say the same thing....I hope you don't feel the same way when you hit your 40's, lol
      STEEL




      "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

      Comment


      • #18
        If I had his metabolism, I'd be eating like a beast and enjoying every minuet of it!
        "SET NO LIMITS"

        "When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

        2015 NPC Supplement Express:
        2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
        2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
        2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
        2002 NPC Western Carolina:
        2002 NPC North Carolina State:

        Use Discount Code MMH353..

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
          I'm not an expert by any stretch, so please take my comments accordingly....

          You have NO problem staying lean whatsoever....in fact, I would venture to say that it could be your Achilles heal, as it seems hard for you to put on weight with your metabolism running so hot.....if I was in this position (clearly at 43 years old and with my metab I'm not), I would push the throttle down to the floor and GROW.....are you really going to be happy going into another show 2-3lbs heavier than last time? And do you really think that you can gain a bit more till prep but then immediately start dropping calories at the start of prep and KEEP the newly added muscle that you busted your ass for? When I hear of guys gaining 2-5lbs of stage weight, most of these guys are seasoned veterans that have been competing for years. They have the muscle they need, they just add on weak spots here and there....look at the younger guys that have come thru the ranks.....Guys your age are pushing the throttle down for a year or two and moving up one or two weight classes by putting on 10-25lbs of stage weight....they're throwing it down and show up at a show 1-2 years later and are making waves....

          You already KNOW that you can beat almost anyone with your conditioning. You have a gift genetically and you're not afraid to bust your ass....but stand next to a guy who's got 10-15lbs on you who is SLIGHTLY less conditioned and he will PROBABLY get the nod, that's just the name of the game....if you got to 175-180lbs at your offseason leanness and sat there for awhile you would look absolutely RETARDED at your height....cause it's gonna be GOOD weight.....your body just won't put on much bad weight at all....I see you all day long being a middleweight at about 155-160, which is a smaller middleweight, but THEN you can go back and start climbing up 3-5lbs a year over the course or a few years and climb to the top of that class or the next....

          Just my two cents.....really just a bit envious of the time frame you have and the great genetics for staying lean. It's kinda like writing your own ticket to get huge...if I had it to do all over again I'd do things MUCH differently than I did....a lot of guys would say the same thing....I hope you don't feel the same way when you hit your 40's, lol

          Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
          If I had his metabolism, I'd be eating like a beast and enjoying every minuet of it!
          Well thanks guys but herein lies the problem, my stomach. Pushing kcals has caused me nothing but torture. So it is a balancing act...

          Based on my current body weight and body fat, I would guess I added about 17 pounds of stage weight since I last got on stage. That is no exaggeration but it has also been about 16 months.

          These are two leg shots from yesterday. No filters being used:





          Steel, any gyms open on New Year's Day in your area? The gym I train at up there is closed. My girl and I need a place to get to it...
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

          Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

          2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

          Comment


          • #20
            I will check to see what 4 Seasons hours are, but I'm not certain they're open....I'll find out
            STEEL




            "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
              I will check to see what 4 Seasons hours are, but I'm not certain they're open....I'll find out
              Thanks Scott
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

              Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

              2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

              Comment


              • #22
                Mother of fck, those wheels are insane.

                I was just going to say, it must have been hard for you with your stomach, to eat the food necessary to put on size. 17lb over 16months. Awesome gains over that time to add lean mass.
                Damn.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Just a little update on this thread... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396210253.349206.jpg

                  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396210292.600836.jpg
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                  Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                  2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    You can fit a coin in between your semitendinosus and bicep femoris..or rather keep the coin there whilst flexing!!

                    Nice progress...bitch

                    Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                      You can fit a coin in between your semitendinosus and bicep femoris..or rather keep the coin there whilst flexing!!

                      Nice progress...bitch

                      Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

                      Oh wait, there's more... These are after a deload/cruise

                      Thanks Martin 😊

                      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396211030.582685.jpg
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                      Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                      2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Shit. Your right bicep is showing its 2 heads..i have never seen it that obvious..
                        This was my reaction (pic)

                        Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                          Shit. Your right bicep is showing its 2 heads..i have never seen it that obvious..
                          This was my reaction (pic)

                          Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

                          Yeah lol... Kind of sweet, right?

                          My left is close to that but I'm just getting over some tendinitis and can't flex that side good yet...

                          There will be many more chapters to this story

                          Have to add this pic... My girl is so supportive and she's really into it herself. Never thought I'd meet anyone like her


                          ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396212683.526956.jpg
                          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                          Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                          2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                          2015 Beat Cancer!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Awesome!

                            Dc ladies split?

                            Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                              Awesome!

                              Dc ladies split?

                              Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

                              Martin, she trains hard! We've done DC style rest pauses and she knows how to push a set. She actually does a lot better with a HIT style than volume. Her goal is to "be a freak" lol. Can you say match made in heaven? We are actually going to get two sets of engagement photos... One normal at a winery and another on the gym... Two things we love
                              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                              Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                              2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                              2015 Beat Cancer!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Dude, she is your girl..I wouldnt expect otherwise. I just cant imagine you dating a treadmill whore with full makeup and hair.

                                Its great to know that you have found a soul mate.
                                Those photos would be great!

                                Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X