No announcement yet.

Genetix: Road to Redemption

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workout looks intense. I don't think you saw my Q on the last page - what do you think of BFT so far (as far as gains) ?
    PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Saturday
      Quads and Hams
      and an unusual ending

Quads
      Leg Extensions
      100lbs x 12 for 2 sets to wu
      250lbsx 18+2, 160 x 6+4, 90 x 5+2
      250lbs x 16+4, 160 x5+2, 90 x 6+2
      Hamstrings
      Lying Hamstring Curls
      150lbs x 7+3, 110 x 5+2, 50 x 10+2
      200lbs x 2+4, 110 x 3+6, 60 x7+5

just when I thought theat my legs could take no more punishment we finished our leg workout in "Hard Nock's" fashion. There is a parking lot, with a slight uphill incline which we pushed my training partners Dodge Ram across.
      Dodge Ram Parking Lot Push
      -assist training partner get truck moving
      -assist other partner get truck moving
      3 1/2 parking spots pushed
      partner assisted push 6 parking spots

workout complete. The incline is what made the parking lot presses torture, there is another parking lot nearby that we have planned on using next time as it is more of a flat surface. I am happy to say that after the last set of partner truck presses I dropped right to the ground in exhaustion, I definitely hit failure.
      Thats all. I will be on my own this upcoming week so expect a slightly altered version of this typical training, the week after we are going to test our maximum lifts then in 2 weeks it's back to BFT!
      Take care, train hard
      -Matt Cena
      www.mattcena.com

Comment

RedSkull, I apologize I didn't get ta chance to see your question from the last page.
        As far as strength gains go, they are definitely there and I will be performing a Max Test Week, after this upcoming week to see how far things have progressed.
        As documented due to BFT I have used a BodyMasters Pec Fly machine with the 200lb stack plus 2 25lb dumbells and a 25lb plate for reps, I have used an old(unknown make) leg extension machine where you start with you legs back behind your knees with the 250lb stack and a 25lb plate for reps, almost all of my lifts have gone up and the great thing is that the compound lifts or presses are performed after preexhaust. After next week we will be perfoming bench first, leg press first, rows first, etc. to test strength gains. I can't wait.
        I hope that this may have somewhat answered your question. I also hope that your training is going well, train hard and take care.

-Matt Cena
        www.mattcena.com

Comment

Originally posted by Genetix
          Saturday
          Quads and Hams
          and an unusual ending

Quads
          Leg Extensions
          100lbs x 12 for 2 sets to wu
          250lbsx 18+2, 160 x 6+4, 90 x 5+2
          250lbs x 16+4, 160 x5+2, 90 x 6+2
          Hamstrings
          Lying Hamstring Curls
          150lbs x 7+3, 110 x 5+2, 50 x 10+2
          200lbs x 2+4, 110 x 3+6, 60 x7+5

just when I thought theat my legs could take no more punishment we finished our leg workout in "Hard Nock's" fashion. There is a parking lot, with a slight uphill incline which we pushed my training partners Dodge Ram across.
          Dodge Ram Parking Lot Push
          -assist training partner get truck moving
          -assist other partner get truck moving
          3 1/2 parking spots pushed
          partner assisted push 6 parking spots

workout complete. The incline is what made the parking lot presses torture, there is another parking lot nearby that we have planned on using next time as it is more of a flat surface. I am happy to say that after the last set of partner truck presses I dropped right to the ground in exhaustion, I definitely hit failure.
          Thats all. I will be on my own this upcoming week so expect a slightly altered version of this typical training, the week after we are going to test our maximum lifts then in 2 weeks it's back to BFT!
          Take care, train hard
          -Matt Cena
          Did his car break down or did you guys just think of it?

Either way, I think it's really cool you're implementing some strongman-type training. I want to look into this myself.
          "Intensity is finite, volume is finite, weights are infinite." - DC

"Everyone seems to think having a strict diet is hardcore. Wrong! It’s so easy. There is no strain or effort. You just follow the damn diet! Hardcore is stuffing your face to the point where you feel like you’re going to pop and then going to get a milkshake." --Dave "Fuckin'" Tate

Get 5% OFF at trueprotein.com with Discount Code: BTR777

Formerly El_Animal

Comment

No problem Matt, glad it's going well. Looks like another great w/o.

Comment

Brendan, we just thought of it. There is another parking lot we are going to use the next time, it's a little way down the street but flat and a lot longer.
              I am taking half of the week off of training and will be perfoming a "test" week starting Monday then back to BFT. I will keep everyone posted, hope all of the training is going great!

-Matt Cena
              www.mattcena.com

Comment

I used to train BFT for quite a while!!!!I love to see other people doing this with great success!!!!Very,very demanding!!!Got to have a very solid traing partner or partner's!Trevor was a dear friend!!I am so glad to see his training and writing's still influencing people in such a positive way!!!
                Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jplahm
                  I used to train BFT for quite a while!!!!I love to see other people doing this with great success!!!!Very,very demanding!!!Got to have a very solid traing partner or partner's!Trevor was a dear friend!!I am so glad to see his training and writing's still influencing people in such a positive way!!!
                  Jeff
                  Yeah, I just discovered his stuff - mostly through Matt. He was a great writer.

"Everyone seems to think having a strict diet is hardcore. Wrong! It’s so easy. There is no strain or effort. You just follow the damn diet! Hardcore is stuffing your face to the point where you feel like you’re going to pop and then going to get a milkshake." --Dave "Fuckin'" Tate

Formerly El_Animal

Comment

Todays workout
                    Chest Shoulders Triceps Calves
                    Chest
                    Cable Crossovers
                    35lbs x 12 wu
                    125lbs x 6, 75 x 8, 45 x 10
                    Shoulders
                    Cable Upright Rows
                    155lbs x 6, 105 x 8, 65 x 10
                    Striaght Bar Cable Pressdowns
                    155lbs x 6, 105 x 8, 65 x 10
                    Calves
                    Standing Calf Raises
                    570lbs x 6, 375 x 8, 150 x 10
                    www.mattcena.com

Comment

Do you think Cable Upright Rows are better than traditional?

Good luck w/ the test week.

Comment

I feel that cable uprights provide a great variation to traditional upright rows. I would not neccessarily say that they are better or worse for that matter. I do notice a better stretch with the cable as opposed to a barbell or dumbells though.
                        Well, just finished my Chest workout and the results were a bit dissapointing. I have a very strong feeling that it was mental failure, not to make an excuse but I have just had a bunch of sh** cluttering my head as of late. Add to that my rest and eating patterns have been off and I pretty much have set myself up for failure.
                        I have decided that there is a certain off season physique which I wish to attain prior to thinking about any more competitions. That basically means that as of now I am retired. I know what type of package I need to present on stage and mathmatically all the work needs to be done in the off season to get to that point when I diet down. For example to have 20" arms, we'll say, competition time they need to be well above that off season. SO this is now just a running journal until I hit my goals, then I will find a contest that I will enter after that.
                        I will post the workout later on tonight. Take care and train hard!

-Matt Cena
                        www.mattcena.com

Comment

Originally posted by Genetix
                          I feel that cable uprights provide a great variation to traditional upright rows. I would not neccessarily say that they are better or worse for that matter. I do notice a better stretch with the cable as opposed to a barbell or dumbells though.
                          Well, just finished my Chest workout and the results were a bit dissapointing. I have a very strong feeling that it was mental failure, not to make an excuse but I have just had a bunch of sh** cluttering my head as of late. Add to that my rest and eating patterns have been off and I pretty much have set myself up for failure.
                          I have decided that there is a certain off season physique which I wish to attain prior to thinking about any more competitions. That basically means that as of now I am retired. I know what type of package I need to present on stage and mathmatically all the work needs to be done in the off season to get to that point when I diet down. For example to have 20" arms, we'll say, competition time they need to be well above that off season. SO this is now just a running journal until I hit my goals, then I will find a contest that I will enter after that.
                          I will post the workout later on tonight. Take care and train hard!

-Matt Cena
                          I hear ya on the mental failure thing. Just remind yourself that this too will pass.

Formerly El_Animal

Comment

Well here is last night's workout:
                            Flat Board Bench Press
                            135lbs x 12 wu
                            135lbs x 10 wu
                            225lbs x 8 wu
                            225lbs x 8 wu
                            275lbs x 5
                            315lbs x 3
                            365lbs x 0+3
                            365lbs x 0+1
                            365lbs x 1
                            -After two failed attempts I was determined to get 365 for at least one before the end of the night. That was the indicator of mental failure I referenced earlier.
                            315lbs x 5, 225lbs x 9, 135lbs x 5
                            BodyMasters Pectoral Fly
                            225lbs x 1+4, 155 x 2+4, 105 x 4+4

That was it, no calves yesterday. I was out of it by the end of the workout and my mind was scattered with other things so I felt it best to leave and train calves on another day when I could dedicate 100% intensity to them.
                            I will be training solo tonight as I have to go out with my girlfriend and her family to celebrate her birthday. Thursday will be back and biceps and I should be training with my partners from here on out.

Take care and train hard!

-Matt Cena
                            www.mattcena.com

Comment

Very nice workouts happening man! - Nice board presses!

Comment

Matt, journal looks great. I may have to try the BFT after my shows when my body is most primed for growth

what's your off-season diet look like?
                                CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
                                MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
                                2010 NGA Pro Universe
                                2010 NPC Monster Mash
                                2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
                                2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
                                2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
                                2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
                                2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
                                2008 NPC Ohio State